The Deferred Revenue Management (DR) module allows you to automate and accurately account for situations where you need to recognize revenue in future time periods. Automate any deferred calculation by assigning a schedule to any transaction line item or inventory component.
Acumatica’s advanced deferred revenue functionality is included at no extra cost with the Acumatica Financial Suite. Integration with other financial modules provides accurate accounting of both deferred revenues and deferred expenses.
Deferred Revenue Accounting
Acumatica automatically calculates deferred revenue accounts according to schedules that you establish. As time passes, deferred revenue is automatically recognized so your financial statements are automatically updated.
Deferred Revenue Administration
Create revenue recognition templates and assign them to line items on revenue transactions. Each template can specify start date, recognition method, percentage to recognize immediately, number of occurrences, and time within the period to generate transactions. Each template can be linked to accounts, sub-accounts, and inventory components.
Customized Deferral Schedules
Create deferred schedules based on deferred templates or create custom schedules to model complex requirements. Each schedule can be linked to specific transactions and line numbers on any income document.
Multiple Recognition Methods
Recognize revenue evenly across financial periods, prorate recognition by the number of days, or recognize revenue when payments are received. This level of flexibility allows you comply with all recognition requirements – even in situations where revenue collection is uncertain.
Integrated with other Financial Modules
Deferred templates can also be applied to transactions in the Accounts Payable module so you can amortize expenses. Deferred schedules can be linked to Inventory items so Sales Orders and Purchase Orders are processed according to the proper accounting rules.
- Component Based Revenue Recognition: Separate inventory items into component parts to apply different deferred revenue codes to a single inventory item. Use this feature to automate revenue recognition for items with included warranties and several other complex situations.
- Deferred Revenue in Multiple Currencies: The Deferred Revenue Management module is completely integrated with all other Acumatica functionality, including currency management.
- Advanced Recognition Scheduling: Schedule revenue recognition at the start of a financial period, the end of a period, or on a fixed day during each period. Create recognition documents each period or skip periods.
- Automated Reporting: Acumatica comes with a predefined set of reports which include deferred revenue and deferred expense accounts. All reports can be customized using the Acumatica Report Designer.
- Audit Trail: The Deferred Revenue Management module is linked to all other modules to provide a complete audit trail of all deferred revenue and expense transactions. The system keeps the details of all scheduled transactions, including the user who entered the transaction and the user who modified the record.